Friday, March 6, 2015

Radiation, Week Five


Okay, so I'm getting a little tired of looking at Kramer the turkey. I've always loved the Coppertone baby ad, even though it was popular during a time when we didn't know quite how dangerous the sun is. Now, we slap on sunscreen without having to be told. And wouldn't you know - some of us are looking years younger than we actually are.

I've completed five weeks of roasting. I found out yesterday that I will be undergoing a total of 33 treatments, not 31 as I was originally told. My end date is March 19. Let's hope that I can complete them on schedule, as I am growing weary of the daily grind this has turned into. At least I got time off between chemo treatments; this is starting to feel relentless.

My skin is turning red and angry, even though I'm still doing the twice-daily schmear. I can't remember the last time I had a sunburn; it's been that long. And I am that tired.

Nava

No comments:

Post a Comment