Sunday, March 15, 2015

Radiation, Week Six


Maybe some of you like your chicken this way, but not me! 

Sorry for the delay in getting this post up; I've actually been suffering more from roasting fatigue than the burning. Although, my skin is starting to take on the hue of fresh ground beef. It's different than a sunburn; there's a sort of brownish tinge to it that I've never before experienced. Chalk more oddities up to the cancer experience. 

Yes, the fatigue has finally gotten to me these past couple of weeks. Fortunately, it doesn't carry with it the assorted accompaniments of chemo, but I've been napping again. Hence why this post is coming two days later than usual. 

I have four roastings left, which include the "boost" I've been hearing about for a while. The beam is now being concentrated in two areas, rather than the entire section that includes the lymph node area. It involves more table-jockeying than before, since my crackerjack techs have to hit two exact spots, as opposed to a larger area. It's too bad they weren't able to boost me at the beginning. I'm about ready to indulge in some nightmare-patient behavior at this point. Of course I won't, but the temptation is there. 

So, I will report back when this is all wrapped up. I have some news I've been keeping under my hat (pun intended) that I'd finally like to share with everyone. Don't worry - it's all good. 

Nava

No comments:

Post a Comment